Mediating Employment Law Disputes
Experienced lawyer and mediator Eric assists in the resolution of commercial disputes, including those arising on the termination of employment. In tailoring the process he attempts to ensure to the extent possible that the mediation proceeds in an effective manner with a view to ending the dispute. His negotiation skills and many years of completing complex transactions and representing small and medium-sized businesses brings an added value to his services as a mediator and if called upon, as an arbitrator.
Topics covered include during the seminar includes:
- The 24 Month Reasonable Notice "Cap" - Dawe v. The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada (2019, Court of Appeal)
- The Impact of Technology on Privacy Issues in the Workplace
- Legalization of Cannabis - Employer Considerations
- Mediating Employment Law Disputes
- Arbitration Clauses in Employment Contracts - The Current Legal Landscape
This is a great overview for HR Professionals and employers. Devry Smith Frank LLP has produced a series of videos to assist HR professionals and HR departments. To view other Ontario employment law videos and videos for other practice areas, please visit our media page.
For further information, kindly contact one of our lawyers directly.