The 24 Month Reasonable Notice "Cap" - HR/Employment Seminar
Larry W. Keown is the managing partner and a commercial litigation lawyer at DSF. Larry’s commercial litigation practice includes acting as is an employment law lawyer for both employers and employees in all matters relating to employment law. He regularly acts for employers and their HR professionals, giving them advice on complex matters. He has significant courtroom experience, having appeared before the Small Claims Court of Ontario, the Superior Court of Justice, the Divisional Court in Ontario and the Ontario Court of Appeal on numerous motions, applications, trials and appeals. Larry has also appeared before many tribunals including the Financial Services Commission, the Work Place Safety and Insurance Tribunal and the Ontario Labour Relations Board. He also has participated in many alternative dispute forums including arbitrations and mediations.
Topics covered include during the seminar includes:
- The 24 Month Reasonable Notice "Cap" - Dawe v. The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada (2019, Court of Appeal)
- The Impact of Technology on Privacy Issues in the Workplace
- Legalization of Cannabis - Employer Considerations
- Mediating Employment Law Disputes
- Arbitration Clauses in Employment Contracts - The Current Legal Landscape
This is a great overview for HR Professionals and employers. Devry Smith Frank LLP has produced a series of videos to assist HR professionals and HR departments. To view other Ontario employment law videos and videos for other practice areas, please visit our media page.
For further information, kindly contact one of our lawyers directly.