Canada is a dream destination for a great many across the world, whether to visit, study, work or relocate permanently. Our country’s immigration regime is rich with a multitude of programs and resources available to foreign nationals who wish to come to Canada for any of these reasons. While navigating the laws and procedures surrounding immigration to Canada can be daunting and complicated, the Toronto immigration lawyers at Devry Smith Frank LLP (DSF) work carefully with individual and corporate clients alike to explain and simplify the process and devise strategies unique to each client’s needs.
Our main office is situated in the fast-growing, multicultural Toronto neighbourhood of Don Mills with additional locations in Barrie and Whitby. We are in close proximity to the head offices of a variety of multinational companies and hubs for a myriad of ethnic and cultural groups. We serve a number of prominent large multinational companies, their subsidiaries and employees, and individuals seeking greater opportunities in Canada. In addition, our immigration lawyers are attuned to the relevance and necessity of creating dynamic and diverse communities by the movement of foreign nationals to Canada.
Our immigration team has expertise in preparing applications in virtually all areas of Canadian immigration law and regularly advises clients in the following areas:
- Cross border movement of employees of multinational companies
- Intra-company transfers of managers/executives and specialized knowledge employees
- Hiring foreign nationals to fill positions for which there is a shortage of Canadians and permanent residents
- Hiring foreign nationals to own and operate subsidiaries or branches of existing or new companies
- Hiring highly specialized and highly skilled global talent
- Corporate immigration strategy, compliance and audits
- Transitioning employees from temporary resident to permanent resident status
- Advising on the impact of mergers & acquisitions on the status of foreign workers
- Advising on employee inadmissibility due to criminality or medical issues
- Start-Up Business Class
- Work permits and Labour Market Impact Assessments
- Work permit extensions
- International Experience Canada work permits
- Visitor visas and visitor record extensions
- Electronic Travel Authorizations
- Study permits or permit extensions
- Post graduation work permits
- Co-op work permits
- Express Entry profiles for skilled workers
- Family sponsorships – spouses, parents, and dependants
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- Humanitarian and Compassionate applications
- Citizenship applications and confirmation of citizenship
At DSF, we have worked with countless clients seeking permanent and temporary citizenship in Canada. Having professional assistance from an experienced immigration lawyer can mean the difference between a smooth and expedited entry to Canada and a series of hurdles associated with immigration.
To reach our main office and to be connected to any of our experienced Canada immigration lawyers, please use our contact page to find the closest office to you or simply contact any of our Toronto immigration lawyers listed at the bottom of this page.