The experienced franchise law team at Devry Smith Frank LLP (DSF) regularly assists with all their franchise, distribution and licensing needs. Over the years, we have serviced clients buying into a franchise, seeking to start one, and expanding an existing franchise system. We are a resource of choice, helping our clients navigate the myriad of legal issues and requirements associated with the franchise process while providing practical legal advice tailored to our clients’ business needs.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Purchase, sale and resale of individual franchisee locations
- Master franchising and creation of a Franchise Disclosure Document
- Contract drafting and negotiation, including franchise agreements, leasing agreements and shareholder agreements
- Restrictive covenants
- Dispute management and litigation
- Regulatory and statutory compliance
- Intellectual property protection and licensing
- Cross border tax, customs and international trade terms for distributors
When Things Go Wrong
Our commercial litigation team has the experience needed to help when things do not go as planned, advising on matters such as:
- Breach of franchise agreements or of statutory requirements
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants, and default and termination proceedings
Finding Your DSF Franchise Lawyer
DSF’s franchise lawyers are available at any of the firm’s offices, conveniently located in Toronto, Whitby and Barrie. To speak with a franchise lawyer, call our office at 416-449-1400.