As a wills and estates lawyer, Vanessa Romanino primarily focuses on all aspects of estate planning and administration. Vanessa’s professional knowledge, sensible approach, and ability to understand difficult and emotional situations, enable her to assist our clients in all aspects of their estate matters and provide the best possible legal representation. These matters include wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and estate applications to the Court.
Vanessa also enjoys assisting clients with their legal needs including:
- Wills (including preparing “Multiple Wills” for Physicians, Dentists, Accountants, other professionals and business owners)
- Powers of Attorney for Property
- Powers of Attorney for Personal Care
- Alterego Trusts
- Henson Trusts for disabled beneficiaries
- Domestic Contracts (pre-nuptial agreements, cohabitation agreements)
- Applications for Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee (also known as Probate Applications)
- Survivorship Applications
- Real estate matters as they pertain to estates
Vanessa joined Woitzik Polsinelli LLP in 2016 and is now a part of Devry Smith Frank LLP post the merger of our offices in Whitby. Prior to joining the team, Vanessa practiced in the area of electronic discovery as a contract lawyer for many large Firms in Downtown Toronto. Vanessa maintains these skills in consistently advocating for our clients and their needs.
Vanessa additionally practices and assists in our Residential Real Estate and Corporate Law Groups. As an English major, Vanessa has shown a keen interest in contract review and drafting.
In her spare time, Vanessa enjoys being outdoors, travelling, trying new restaurants, and sports. Growing up, Vanessa was a competitive swimmer for The City of Markham and continues to stay actively involved in the Community, and is happy to have found a firm whose values align with her own.