Tijana Potkonjak joined Devry Smith Frank LLP (‘DSF’) in 2022 as an associate lawyer in our personal injury, insurance defence and estate litigation departments. She earned her B.A. (Hons) from York University and her M.A. from Concordia University and finally received her J.D. from the University of Ottawa. She was called to the Ontario Bar in 2018.
Prior to joining DSF, Tijana worked for multiple boutique firms across Ottawa and Toronto gaining valuable experience in various litigation matters like personal injury, motor vehicle accident (tort and accident benefits), medical malpractice, commercial disputes, long-term disability and more. She has appeared as counsel in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Ontario Court of Justice, Small Claims Court, and various Provincial Tribunals, including the: Licence Appeal Tribunal, Human Rights Tribunal, and Landlord and Tenant Board.
Tijana is committed to helping her clients feel heard and understood, reassuring them that their unique trauma is going to be addressed with empathy and compassion while making sure that their claims are dealt with in an efficient and expedient manner.
Tijana is experienced in providing representation in the following areas of practice:
- insurance denials for travel medical expenses, long-term disability, critical illness, fire loss, property damage, commercial policies
- estate litigation (Will challenges, dependent support claims, unjust enrichment, Family Law Act elections, objection to appointment of an estate trustee or motion to remove a trustee)
- probate applications (with or without a Will)
- capacity (capacity assessments, guardianship applications to appoint or remove a guardian, court-ordered assessments)
- commercial litigation (contract disputes, home defects, construction defects)
- negligence of real estate agents and brokers
She speaks fluent French and Serbian/Croatian. She enjoys spending time with her partner and furry friends, exercising, and the outdoors.
Tijana is a member of the Law Society Of Ontario.